July is National Ice Cream Month and you KNOWWWW we’ve gotta celebrate 🍦
We’re taking it up a level with these melting ice cream party hats (they can also be used as general party decor). This DIY can be done with items that are probablyyyy already in your house and is the perfect addition for your next Ice Cream Social!
- Foam Sheets
- Colorful Paints – choose your fave colors!
- Foam Paint Brushes
- Colorful Pipe Cleaners
- Styrofoam Balls – the quantity depends on how many hats you’re making
- Glue Gun
- Colorful Ribbon
- Brown or Beige Construction Paper
- Use your boxcutter to carefully cut your styrofoam ball in half.
2. Choose a colorful paint colorful of choice and paint the styrofoam balls. Lay them aside to dry (20ishh minutes)
3. Draw the “melted” base on your styrofoam sheets and use your boxcutter or scissors to cut each drawing from the sheets.
4. Use your glue gun to attach the dried styrofoam ball to the “melted” cutout.
5. Cut your brown or beige construction paper in half and roll it into a cone shape – seal it with tape or glue and attach it to the painted styrofoam ball with your glue gun.
6. Cut small pieces of the pipe cleaners to create sprinkles. Attach the sprinkles with your glue gun.
7. Cut 13-inch pieces of ribbon, use two pieces per hat. Use your glue gun to attach one ribbon strand to each side of your hat. Your guests will use these strands to tie the hat around their face and under their chin.
Don’t forget to tag @stellaselfieandsnooze as you celebrate!