We love a good reason to create a grazing board and recently we’ve been loving the idea of taking it beyond your typical meat and cheese tray. One of the best ways to bring festive fun to your next holiday gathering or family movie night is to create an out of the box snack board. We’re talking all kinds of candies and treats that are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Last night, we took our Christmas movie night up a notch with a hot cocoa board 🍫 This was so simple to create and was the perfect add of fa-la-la-la!
What’s really great about this is that you can make it your own. There are no required items (except hot cocoa of course!), so we encourage you to choose what your family loves. Here’s a list of our favorites to get your wheels spinning:
- Marshmallows – a mix of mini and large
- Chocolate Chips
- Candy Canes
- Little Debbie Christmas Trees 🎄
- Chocolate Creme Filled Wafer Sticks
- Whipped Cream
- Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa
Other great options could be:
- Homemade Christmas Candy – like peanut butter balls (our favorite!)
- Reindeer Chow
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Andes Mints
- Gingerbread Cookies
The options are truly endless! As with other grazing boards, you will need a large tray and a few small bowls to hold your items. Other optional items to include in your hot cocoa board to really add to the festive look include:
- Holiday cups or mugs – the ones pictured are from Home Goods. They have a great selection of seasonal mugs and disposable cups all throughout the year!
- Festive Napkins – we always like to have these on hand and Home Goods is always our go to for those as well.
- Colorful Straws
This hot cocoa board is sure to be a crowd pleaser! So on that note, we’re going to cue It’s a Marshmallow World in the Winter and let you get to it ❄️ When you create your board, tag @stellaselfieandsnooze on Instagram so we can see your creation!