Last year, both of the Stella sisters got married, which brought on some F U N events, especially the bachelorette trips. For Whitney’s trip, we tackled the best of music city in 3 short days and it was absolutely incredible.
From the stays, plays, sips and sights, we did Nashville right. We took things beyond your typical broadway experience and sought out the most Insta-worthy spots to grab a trendy cocktail, snap a photo and enjoy every single moment with our girl gang!
The theme of our weekend was retro disc, so we needed everything to match the vibe and let’s just say The Dive Motel didn’t disappoint.
The outside might be deceiving, but if you want a true retro vibe, look no further. Every single room is different and they all come with a Party Switch that activates a disco ball and the Dive Bar radio – SAY LESS!
There’s also an onsite bar and pool that make for the perfect photo ops!
If The Dive isn’t really your thing, we’d also recommend:
Before we get into the really good stuff, we’re gonna drop you a pro tip: RENT A LIMO! Does it sound boujee and a little bit ridiculous? Absolutely. Is it 100% worth it? Also yes.
Here’s why: all of the hot Nashville spots that we’re covering in this blog post are a little spread out. While you could absolutely utilize Uber or Lyft, a limo is WAY more fun. And who doesn’t want a fun limo pic? If you haven’t caught on by now, we’re obsessed with capturing the moments 🤣📸
What’s awesome about the limo is that you literally just give them your itinerary for the day and they’ll take you to all of the places without question. If you have reservations somewhere (which we highly recommend for all the places listed!) you can trust you’ll get there on time and the best part is that you just text your driver when you’re ready to be picked up!
Bonus: most drivers know the area very well, so if you’re lucky they’ll take you to some fun places that aren’t on your list for more photo ops!
When we said play, we really meant it – here are the top 2 notable places during our short trip to music city:
- Brunch + Bowl at Pinewood Social – bowling has never looked cuter at this place! Make a reservation so you don’t miss a moment of the fun 🍽 🎳
- Pinball + Pingpong at Pins Mechanical Co. – the fun continued later in the day with endless amounts of pinball and pingpong, along with a drink or two 🏓 🕹🍻
SIPS + SNACKS 🍸🍴
- Five Daughters Bakery – if you’re in Nashville, you can’t miss out on the best donuts in town. With multiple locations, you’re sure to come across 5 Daughters. When you do, stop in for a yummy treat 🍩
- Chopper Tiki – one of the only places that doesn’t take reservations, but is totally worth the wait! Chopper Tiki brings total island vibes to your traditional bar and it is such a cool experience. The drinks are well thought through and absolutely delish! 🍹
- White Limozeen – the infamous Dolly Parton bar that sports all pink decor on the rooftop of The Graduate hotel, White Limozeen is an absolute must when you’re visiting Music City with your girl gang. Make a reservation, bring out the white boots for your favorite Dolly inspired outfit and go have the most over the top rooftop experience that Nashville offers 💖🎀👢
- The Mockingbird – a super chic and modern diner for dinner offering a variety of foods that everyone is sure to enjoy 🍔
- Hampton Social – also known as the “Rose All Day” bar in Nasvhille, Hampton Social is another one of those can’t miss, vibey places that will elevate your Music City weekend. The 3 story restaurant welcomes you with their lounge if you just want a fun pink drink and photo op, a full dining experience or a rooftop terrace for those warmer days 🥂
- Barista Parlor – and what’s a weekend trip without some local coffee? Ditch your Starbies for a few days and stop in to Barista Parlor for your morning brew ☕️ (Psst: there’s another photo op at the Germantown location!)
- Three Brothers Coffee – another coffee stop offering more photo ops because we simply can’t get enough 🤣
- Draper James – if you’re obsessed with Reese Witherspoon as much as we are, you’ve gotta stop in to Draper James while in Nash! The clothes and accessories are the perfect mix of southern and sophisticated. Plus, they always have fun “What Would Dolly Do?” items like this, so OBVI!
- L & L Market – this is a one stop market and food hall for you to get the best of Nash in one place. From Culture + Co. Charcuterie to Gracie’s Milkshake Bar, Amelia’s Flowers and Made in TN, you’re sure to find some local eats and treats, plus some local finds to take home!
Nashville is known for its murals and you could truly make a day of just hunting these down, so we’ll do another blog post rounding up more of them, but for now, here’s a few of our favorites in the 12 South district:
- Blue and White Draper James Wall: 2608 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204
- I Believe in Nashville: 2700 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204 (directly across from the Draper James wall!)
- Lookin’ Pretty Music City: 2709 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204
- Flowers Mural: 2900 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204
- Nashville Looks Good On You: 2509 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204
Other Instagram-worthy stops:
- John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge – want a view of the famous “Batman Building” in Downtown Nashville? Here’s your spot!
- Cumberland Park – another view of downtown (pictured below!)
- The Parthenon – located in Centennial Park in Nashville, the Parthenon is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. This one wasn’t on our list, but our limo driver surprised us with a quick stop and we weren’t about to turn down another photo op!
Clearly you can see that Nashville has SO MUCH to offer – it’s basically impossible to do it all in one weekend, but we gave it our best shot last winter! You may have noticed we skipped Broadway… yes, that was on purpose 😬
If you’ve never been, you can totally give it a whirl, but we like to hit the best spots on the outskirts and encourage you to do the same (unless you really want to honky tonk – by all means, be our guest 🤠)
Save this post on Pinterest so you can easily access it when you’re planning your next girls trip and don’t forget to share it with a friend!
ALSO: come hang with us on the ‘gram and let us know which travel guide you’d like to see next!
The Stella Sisters 👯♀️